During lessons and doing your coursework
1) Sit up in front of the class near the teacher
2) Don’t sit near a window or with the class goon, the person who will distract you most from learning.
3) Make lots of notes on everything you learn. Write down all the important words and phrases on post it pads or cards.
4) When you come to doing your coursework, brainstorm your work. Write down the subject in the middle of the sheet of paper, e.g. “Biology” and then start to brainstorm all the important bits around the subject, like “The Brain”, “Abdomen”
5) When you write up your coursework use a computer and remember to use the spellcheck. When you do your coursework, quote from sources, but remember to acknowledge them
Before and During the Exam
Before the exam, like the day before use your post it notes or cards and just run through them either with family or friends. Take them everywhere with you and if you have time, brainstorm.
Also before the Exam, like the night before, GO TO BED EARLY!
DURING THE EXAM
If you have been allowed extra time, use it wisely. You will have plenty of time to do the exam.
Before you start answering the questions, read through the question booklet and familerise yourself with the exam. Trust me, there is nothing worse than starting the exam, without knowing what they will ask you!. If you want to, after you have read the booklet, start brainstorming on a plain piece of paper everything you can remember.